MacWorld: Apple needs to stop promising new products and start delivering them

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 6, 2018, 11:35:18 AM4/6/18
MacWorld:

"Apple needs to stop promising new products and start delivering them."
"This is starting to get ridiculous now."
<https://www.macworld.com/article/3268113/macs/apple-promise-deliver.html>

Meanwhile Craig Federighi is on record last month saying that Apple
Marketing demands too much of software engineering, so he's forced to
repeatedly ship bug-filled software time and again, just to meet Marketing
schedules.

Direct quotes:
"Software chief Craig Federighi laid out the new strategy to his army of
engineers last month, according to a person familiar with the discussion.
His team will have more time to work on new features and focus on
under-the-hood refinements without being tied to a list of new features
annually simply so the company can tout a massive year-over-year leap,
people familiar with the situation say."
<https://www.chron.com/techburger/article/How-Apple-Plans-to-Root-Out-Bugs-Revamp-IPhone-12606700.php>

Direct quotes:
"And now Apple tells us that the new modular Mac Pro, which it teased in
an uncharacteristic press briefing a year ago, won't be shipping for 12,
possibly 18 months. Now, before you say that Apple never promised the Mac
Pro would release in 2018 so it's technically not delayed, let me ask you
this: Why announce it in the first place?"

"Tim Cook oversaw more product and feature delays this year than Steve Jobs
saw in his entire reign."

"After several embarrassing iOS and Mac OS bugs earlier this year, Apple
said it would be 'auditing our development processes to help prevent this
from happening again.' Perhaps it's time to do the same thing with its
product announcements."

I only speak fact.

JF Mezei

Apr 6, 2018, 5:33:10 PM4/6/18
On 2018-04-06 11:35, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:

> Direct quotes:
> "And now Apple tells us that the new modular Mac Pro, which it teased in
> an uncharacteristic press briefing a year ago, won't be shipping for 12,
> possibly 18 months.

It makes sense to delay it IF Apple is going to be changing CPU
platform. Release the new one on the new platform so developpers can
start to produce apps on it.

Alan Browne

Apr 6, 2018, 7:15:53 PM4/6/18
On 2018-04-06 17:33, JF Mezei wrote:

> It makes sense to delay it IF Apple is going to be changing CPU
> platform. Release the new one on the new platform so developpers can
> start to produce apps on it.

CPU is pretty much irrelevant in 2018 development platforms such as X-Code.

IOW: Apple probably have several Macs running on ARM already.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 6, 2018, 8:05:12 PM4/6/18
Am Fri, 6 Apr 2018 17:33:09 -0400, schrieb JF Mezei:

> It makes sense to delay it IF Apple is going to be changing CPU
> platform. Release the new one on the new platform so developpers can
> start to produce apps on it.

I agree with Apple Software chief Craig Federighi, which is that Apple
Marketing is constantly announcing that which can't actually be produced.

Hence, the article was mostly about Marketing continually promising what
Apple engineering can't deliver.

Essentially, Marketing is fabricating imaginary functionality, but only in
its promises to its extremely loyal consumers - which it then breaks
constantly.

So for _that_ reason alone, it makes sense (IMHO) to do two things:
a. Stop announcing that which can't be produced by engineering, and,
b. Give engineering a realistic time schedule to produce quality s/w.

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 6, 2018, 11:55:15 PM4/6/18
I quoted specific examples of Jonas Eklundh Communication AB failing to rise up and instead putting others down -- stating quotable lies, etc. His response: to change the topic.

"Well, that wasn't hard" said Jonas Eklundh Communication AB's wife.

And given how frequently it is clear that Jonas Eklundh Communication AB's post is some skew of a narrative Dog Fucker Paul F. Riddle wrote which had been a drubbing on Jonas Eklundh Communication AB for something he did which was stupid/inaccurate/etc... its really a regular reminder of Jonas Eklundh Communication AB's continuing unease for having been so frequently humiliated.

Just mindless trolling. And I am responding to that trolling. THAT is what the "Jonas Eklundh Communication AB circus" is. Generally, Dog Fucker Paul F. Riddle would not call a claim like Jonas Eklundh Communication AB's claims a delusion right up until you challenge it and Jonas Eklundh Communication AB responds with the gibberish knowing he can't prove it.

Too much glue for you, gluehead.

--
Eight things to never feed your cat
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012978552519

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 7, 2018, 12:10:57 AM4/7/18
It was Shawn 'The Fool' Ulman who flooded Marek Novotny's site hundreds of thousands of times and denied it. Time to blame the Russians!

Just give it up already. You're again trying to pretend you are something you are not. You're the court jester and your many poorly done videos show this.

Windows Mobile runs on the Mac kernel. So yeah, Mac is mobile. Mac is a super computer. Mac is a server. Mac is a desktop. Mac is growing in market share.

This is something you know nothing about.

Shawn 'The Fool' Ulman is regularly seen declaring "CANNOT BE FOUND" when it comes to content on the web where info is easy to find... but Shawn 'The Fool' Ulman is just too dimwitted and/or lazy to understand any information he sees... or he does not recognize it as data when he does see it. I guess this is what results when dangerously poor self esteem takes over Shawn 'The Fool' Ulman's psyche.

--
Puppy Videos
http://alt.conspiracy.narkive.com/QcWYJ4Px/the-mentally-ill-mark-s-bilk